Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Last Hurrah.....

Well everyone, as fun as it has been, today is the last day of the Helping Hudson event. Thanks to everyone who supported Hudson. It has been such a fun things to be involved with :)

I decided to quickly knock out the last two cards for the Challenges today, which sounds easier than it was! I just could not get them right! Eventually I came up with two cards that I like.

Here they are....
The first one is for the Helping Hudson Colour Challenge. The Challenge being to choose one colour (can use varying shades of that particular colour) and one neutral. I have a Wedding Party to go to tonight so I decided to make a card for them under the Challenge.
I really like the finished card. To get the mottled effect on the Medallion, I inked the stamp up in Baja Breeze ink and then used a sponge dauber to dab Not Quite Navy ink in parts. The layering on the tag is done using the scallop oval punch and trimming off the top and bottom scallops/

Stamp Sets: Medallion, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock & Inks: Not Quite Navy Cardstock, Baja Breeze Cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock. Not Quite Navy Ink, Baja Breeze Ink
Accessories: Ice Crystal Brads, Scallop Oval Punch, Word Window Punch, Very Vanilla Tafetta Ribbon

The next one is a Notecard inspired but a card from Marelle Taylor. This card is for the Helping Hudson Sketch Challenge as well as the Just Add Ink Colour Challenge.

I used a new Hostess Set from the New Catalogue being released in just 11 days!!! It is called Playful Pieces and has my head swimming with possibilities!! The base of the cupcake was a rectangle, but I trimmed it down to look like a cupcake base. The top of the cupcake is half a scallop circle punch. The background is using Real Red ink that I have stamped off so it is a bit more subtle.

Stamp Sets: Playful Pieces, Tiny Tags
Cardstock & Inks: Kraft Cardstock, Real Red Cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Real Red Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Tafetta Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Tafetta Ribbon, Linen Thread, Scallop Circle Punch, Small Jewellery Tag Punch, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds

Ok lovely people, I have to be getting ready to go out. Tomorrow I plan to get a start on my swaps for Regionals. Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

Genna said...

Great cards Lisa - I love all the little touches you add! Thanks for playing along!

Belinda said...

Love the cup cake!

Danielle Daws said...

Gorgeous cupcake!! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Katie said...

There is always something different about your cards. Love them all!

Jodene said...

These are both great cards Lisa! Good luck with your swaps :)

Claire said...

Too cute Lisa - makes me want to run off and eat a cupcake :) Hope you are well, seems ages since Convention doesn't it!