Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Technique Challenge

Evening All

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to manage the Helping Hudson challenges this week but had an idea for the Technique Challenge and decided to give it a go!

So, the technique this week is 'Embossing & Sponging' - two of my favourite techniques :)

I decided to break out another set from the new catalogue. This one will be a best seller, I am sure!!

The set is called Artistic Etchings and I specifically wanted to use the Eiffel Tower image as it felt whimsical and romantic. The colour scheme that comes to mind for me when I think of France is Black, Red & White so I went with that!!

I decided to make a Swing Card, which is a bit of a trip down memory lane for me. My wedding invitations were Swing Cards (try making 70 of these!!) so its no wonder its been 5 1/2 years before I made another one!! I used clear embossing on the background and the masking technique on the main panel. I will admit, I wasn't too sure of it at first but it is definately growing on me :)

So here it is.......


and the middle of the card......
Stamp Sets: Artistic Etchings
Cardstock & Ink: Basic Black Carstock, Riding hood Red Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Basic Black Ink, Riding hood Red Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Hope you like it :)

1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Ooh I love it and what a great set! Thanks for taking part in our challenge Lisa.