Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Helping Hudson Challenge

Hi Everyone

I am having another go at the challenges over at Helping Hudson and this week, one of them is a Template Challenge! I haven't done one of these types of Challenges before and I really enjoyed it! Here is the template, designed by the lovely Johanna Sherry

I decided to think outside the square a little and made a Tealight Holder to house a battery operated candle. So, I cut the template in half lengthways and added a strip of Vellum Cardstock stamped with Cottage Garden stamps in Baja Breeze. It is a very subtle effect that is hard to capture on film. The stamped images show up much more in person :). The candle is sitting on a platform inside the box and I also made a lid out of Urban Garden DSP to enclose the light.

Another one of those ribbon flowers I like so much......

with the candle on.......

and the inside......

Stamp Sets: Cottage Garden

Cardstock & Inks: Baja Breeze Cardstock, Vellum Cardstock, Urban Garden DSP, Baja Breeze Ink

Accessories: Baja Breeze Double Stitched Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Butotn Bouquet

Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous Lisa. Great job...and will have to have a go at making those flowers!!!

Unknown said...

This is very soft and pretty, I love the ribbon on top too.

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous take on the template Lisa, I love you tea light lantern and the ribbon flower on the top.

Christine Blain said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa - you are very creative! Love the colours and stamps you've used. Great take on the challenge.