Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just Add Ink #24

I am really enjoying doing the Just Add Ink Challenges. 3 weeks in a row, I must be!!

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge (see below). It's a very simple sketch and up to you how you interpret it. I made one card and didn't like it, so made another and ended up going back to the first one again!! The first one just seemed to grow on me :)

So for both of the cards I did, I decided to use the Masking Technique.

So this is the card I am submitting to the challenge. I really wasn't sure about it at first, but now I quite like it. It's simple but effective I think.

Stamp Sets: A Happy Heart
Cardstock & Inks: Ridinghood Red cardstock, Pretty in Pink Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Ridinghood Red Ink, Pretty in Pink Ink (and markers)
Accessories: Ridnghood Red taffeta ribbon, stapler


This is the second one I made. I had a lot of trouble with it as I think it looks 'messy' but thought I would post it anyway :)
Stamp Sets: Party Hearty, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, A Happy Heart, Scribble This
Cardstock & Ink: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock, Melon Mambo Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Rich Razzleberry Ink, Melon Mambo Ink, Pretty in Pink Ink
Accessories: Melon Mambo Ribbon, Build a Brad

I hope you like my cards. I will be back tomorrow with the invites I made for a friend's baby shower.

Have a great weekeknd :)

8 comments:

Jodene said...

I love both of these cards Lisa! Great use of the sketch :)

Anonymous said...

Love your gathered ribbon with the staples - really effective!
Jan x

Mae Collins said...

Masking is such a great technique to add dimension to a card, well done!

Rachel Moore said...

love the masking you've done really well . cute cards

Christine Blain said...

They are gorgeous, Lisa! Love the masking; such a simple technique, but it really adds dimension.

Danielle Daws said...

Love them both, but the first is my favourite. I love that ribbon effect!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love both of these brilliant ideas for this week's sketch. The second is my fave!!

AJ said...

Beautiful, Lisa! Great take on the sketch. xx