Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just Add Embossing :)

Its that time again! Time for another Just Add Ink Challenge. I like having a reason to get out my craft stuff, especially if I don't have a workshop.

For this challenge I decided to step RIGHT outside my comfort zone and go a little Vintage! I had a picture in my head and wanted to see if I could put it onto paper.

I used the Emboss Resist Technique for this card and although it is not my 'usual' style, I am finding it growing on me :)

Stamp Sets: En Fraincais, Friends 24-7, Vintage Vogue
Cardstock & Inks: Baja Breeze Cardstock, Not Quite Navy Cardstock, Basic Grey Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Baja Breeze Ink, Not Quite Navy Ink
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stamp-A-Majig, Baja Breeze Ribbon, (Pearl from Pretties Kit), Mat Pack, Word Window Punch.

So, first I stamped the En Francais background stamp in Baja Breeze and then I stamped over the top with the motif from Friends 24-7 in Versamark. After each stamp, I clear embossed the image. I had to use my trusty Stamp-a-Majig to line them up, seriously what did I do before I had one of these??!!! After all that (it took quite a while, lol!) I went over the lot with my brayer in Not Quite Navy Ink. I had A LOT of trouble finishing this card off as I didn't want to take away from the background, but in the end I went simple and just used the word 'Friends' from Vintage Vogue. I isolated the sentiment from the stamp with my marker.

So what do you think ?? The background reminds me a bit of wallpaper, lol!

7 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, I LOVE this! I keep looking at Friends 24/7 just because of this damask image! Gorgeous!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Beautiful card. Love that damask stamp too!

Christine Blain said...

It's gorgeous, Lisa. Love the colours you've used, and the ribbon is divine, isn't it?

Jo said...

This is lovey Lisa. I've given that Damask stamp a bit of a workout too. It's a favourite of mine. Great work and thanks for playing along at JAI

Tania Gould said...

LOVE the colours!!! Very vintage! I've only just bought Friends 24/7! Can't wait!

AJ said...

This is gorgeous! Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

Kylie Bertucci said...

This is stunning!! I love it so much. It took my breath away when I saw it. Thanks so much for sharing.